You can watch an online broadcast of the panel here, if you first download and install the free RealPlayer from here.
Here is the list of speakers:
- Catherine Drennan, Associate Professor, Chemistry - Chemistry and Beyond
- Woodie Flowers ME '73, Pappalardo Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering - FIRST Competition
- Mitch Resnick EE '88, LEGO Papert Professor of Learning Research, MIT Media Lab - Lifelong Kindergarten Research Group
- Isaac Colbert HM, Dean for Graduate Students - Introductory Remarks
- Dedric Carter '99, Executive Director, Office of Engineering Outreach Programs - Moderator
"Very impressed by all of the speakers. I am a physics teacher so it energized me to hear great ideas and wonderful stories." Kelly Forest CE '92
"Great speakers, very timely topic in both my personal life and the world at large." Megan Brewster, PhD student
"Very significant and important topic. Personally interested for both my own children and our nation. Very creative programs have shown practical tools/links to find more info-Thanks!" Scott Brazina GM '89
Here are some links to a few of the individual web sites chronicling their respective missions.
MIT Alumni Discussion on K-12 science education.
Go forth, crusaders, and banish the ignorance!